St. Patrick's Day
- Paint with shades of green.
- Experiment with primary coloured paints to make green (yellow + blue).
- Cut and paste green pictures.
- Create day sticker pictures using green shape stickers.
- Print stamps on paper using green ink stamp pads.
- Shamrocks: Press 3 handprints into a shamrock shape and add a stem using a green marker.
- Paint a rainbow mural and place on the wall, paper maché a pot and put under the rainbow.
- Shamrock People: cut out a large shamrock shape from green construction paper, children add arms, legs, hands, feet, face, hat, etc.
- Blarney Stone: paint a rock with glitter paint.
- Leprechaun Hats: fit a band of green construction paper around child's head and staple. Cut a rectangle from green paper and have child decorate for hat. Staple to the front of the green head band.
- Pot of Gold: mod podge (white glue with a bit of water added) green or black tissue paper onto a small baby food jar. Let dry. Add shamrock stickers and metal confetti stars then modge podge to seal them into place. When dry, add a gold ribbon around the rim. Cut a shamrock shape from green funfoam and punch a hole near the top. Thread the sharock onto the gold ribbon and tie. Add child's name to the funfoam sharock. Add some green tissue paper and fill with chocolate coins.
- Experiment with eye droppers and yellow and blue food colouring.
- Make colour paddles from bristle board and coloured celophane.
- Use green blocks.
- Add green coloured clothing.
- Add St. Patrick's party hats.
- It isn't easy being green (Kermit)
- 5 Green and Speckled Frogs
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Eye Spy: (say what object does and use only green things ie: I spy with my little eye a green thing that keeps my hands warm... mittens).
- Have a Pot of Gold Treasure Hunt - hide gold chocolate coins around the room and place them in the pot at the end of the rainbow (from craft ideas), share the coins in circle or make the pot of gold craft and divide them equally between the pots.
Water & Sand Play
- Add green food colouring to water.
- Add green sponges to water.
- Add green pails, shovels, and molds to sand.
- Play hoop games with green coloured hoola hoops.
- Red Light, Green Light
- Bean Bag Toss into pot of gold "pot"
- Search for 4 leaf clover.
Field Trips / Special Days
- Have a colour day - everyone dresses in green and do activities with that colour all day.
- Have a St. Patrick's Day party.
Shamrock Matching Strips
Pot of Gold Counting Game
St. Patrick's Day Memory Game
Shamrock Size Sequencing
St. Patrick's Day Lapbook
What is Missing Game
Potato Size Sorting Game
St. Patrick's Day Roll-A-Game
St. Patrick's Day Crossword Puzzle