- Pinecone skier: glue a pinecone to 2 popsicle sticks (skis), pipecleaner arms bent for hands to hold the toothpicks for the poles, a bead to the top for a head with googly eyes, a felt hat and scarf
- Make medals: make play clay and cut circles for the medals and poke a hole near the top using a straw. When completely dry, paint gold, silver, and bronze.
- Sport's collage: cut sports pictures from magazines and paste onto paper.
- Make sport diarama's: use clay to create a sports scene in a shoebox. Add detail with paper and collage materials.
- Stamp the Olympic rings: use a cup or circle to stamp the olympic rings onto paper.
- Make the torch using a cone shape and add tissue paper for the flame.
- Decorate flags from different countries.
- Design a mascot for the team.
- Ice-cube painting: add popsicle sticks to icecube trays when they are partially frozen. Add dry tempera paint to paper and as the icecube melts, water will mix with the paint so the children can paint with the ice cubes.
- Design a hockey sweater emblem.
- Ice and snow experiments.
- The body
- Add exercise clothes.
- Make a gym or workout room.
- Barney's Exercise Song
- Morning Stretch
- Bend and Stretch
- One finger, One thumb keep moving
- National Anthems
- Facing a Challenge
- The Hockey Sweater
- Have indoor races.
- Dance & exercise to music.
Water & Sand Play
- Add snow to the water table and use mittens to play in.
Field Trips / Special Days
- Have an Olympics by setting up various sports areas such as: snowshoe races, luge (toboggan on hill and measure distances), hockey game, sled pull, and if you have an ice rink at your school... skating.
Bend and Stretch
Bend and stretch
Reach for the sky
Bend and stretch
Stretching so high!
Winter Olympics Matching/Memory Game
Winter Olympics Colouring Activity Book