- Letter Pictures: Glue pasta letters onto construction paper.
- Sponge Painting: Sponge paint with letter shapes on paper.
- String Letters: Glue string in shapes of letters.
- Letter Cutting: Cut and paste letters and words from magazines.
- Name Tags: Cut rectangle shapes from fun foam. Add names and decorate with foamie shapes. Punch a hole in either side of the rectangle, add ribbon for a necklace or a safety pin to the back.
- "My Name Begins With..." Pictures: Colour the letter your name begins with.
- Textured Letters: Cut letters from sponge, cardboard, material, sandpaper, etc. for a tactile experience.
- Feely Box: Children must identify letters by touch in a covered box.
- Add alphabet blocks.
- Label items in the centre.
- Restaurant: Make a restaurant and label different food items, menus, etc.
- Alphabet Song
- A - You're Adorable
- Chicka Chicka Boom Boom
- There are many other alphabet books... too numerous to name.
- Going on a Picnic: "We're going on a picnic and I'm going to bring __________." Have each child fill in the blank with an item they will bring to the picnic. Items are named alphabetically starting with the letter A and ending with the letter Z.
Water & Sand Play
- Add sponge letters to the water table.
- Chalk the Walk: Provide chunky chalk and let children decorate the walkway with letters and pictures.
- Alphabet Romp: Chalk letters all over the playground. Children move around and when a letter is called out, they must stand on that letter.
Field Trips/Special Days
- Visit the library.
A - You're Adorable
A - you're adorable
B - you're so beautiful
C - you're a cutie full of charms
D - you're delightful
E - you're exciteful
F - you're a feather in my arms
G - you're so good to me
H - you're so heavenly
I - you're the one I love
J - you're like Jack and Jill
K - you're so kissable
L - you're so loveable
M,N,O,P - I could go on all day
Q,R,S,T - alphabetically speaking, you're OK
U - make my life complete
V - you're so very sweet
It's so nice to travel through, the alphabet with you
To tell you what you mean to me!
Alphabet Line/Flash Cards
Alphabet Matching Game
Alphabet Tiles Game
Chicka Chicka Boom Boom Alphabet Matching Game
Beginning Sounds Game