Tips for a Successful Party
- Plan more activities than you will need. That way if some activities bomb or take less time than you anticipate, you are not stuck wondering... "What now?"
- Plan age-appropriate activities. If you are having a mixed age group party, make sure there are activities that will appeal to everyone. A free play party works well, or have different setups in adjoining areas such as an L-shaped room where everyone is still able to party together.
- Plan, plan, plan! People say to me, "Your parties always run so smoothly!" That is because I start planning them 6 months in advance.
- Have your child participate in all the planning stages. After all, it is their party. This will ensure that it is exactly what they want.
- Be flexible. Children are unpredictable and if you can "go with the flow", the day will not leave you an emotional mess!
- The key to a successful party is to have fun! If you are having a good time, your guests probably are too.
Some of the following resources are exclusive to Mississauga (Ontario, Canada), Toronto, and the GTA (Greater Toronto Area).
- Rivergrove Community Center offers awesome pool facilities: a waterslide, leisure pool area, and hot tub for your party at very reasonable rates. Book early to avoid disappointment.
- Pool rentals and are available at other Community Centers throughout Mississauga as well. Party rooms can also be booked at the facility at extremely reasonable rates
- Clown'n Aroun: 416-410-5410
This company offers magicians, characters, and clowns that you can book to entertain at your parties. We had Barney come and do a show at my daughters' 2nd birthday party and he was AWESOME!!! Very professional, reliable, and they put on an amazing performance. I highly recommend this company.
- Check out Party City for party supplies!