Super Hero Party
- Spider webs
- Bat cave: set up a section of the room to be the bat cave using rolls of brown paper painted black
- Superhero pictures and props
- Have each child arrive dressed as their favourite Super Hero and provide props for them to put on a play. Have the video camera handy, you won't want to miss a minute of this action!
- Feats of strength:
- Have play barbells (large wrapping tubes and paper plates can easily be made into barbells - don't forget the awe inspiring 2,000 pounds printed on each weight!
- Set up a shot put and let the children measure the distances of their throws.
- X-ray vision - have items either wrapped or with black material laying on them and have the children guess what each item is.
- Super Hero matchup: have items that pertain to certain Super Heroes and have the children match up the item to the character. ie. bat for batman, Robin for Robin, S logo or kryptonite for Superman, spider or web for Spiderman, etc.
- Set up an area with throw pillows and comic books.
- Radiocactive Spiders (oval shaped sandwiches with vegetable stick legs and olive or pickle eyes)
- Hero Sandwiches: you provide the buns and toppings and let the children create their own sandwiches
- Cake can either be a large bat signal: yellow food colouring in white icing and a bat shape made from melted chocolate and put in the fridge to harden. If you cut the corner from a baggie, it is easy to draw with chocolate - just squeeze it out onto wax paper then put it in the fridge and it will peel right off when hardened) OR a spider's web
This is where planning ahead REALLY pays off! Visit Party stores and dollar stores frequently and purchase items that relate to your theme for the loot bags. This is one of the most enjoyable part of planning the party and the best part... you get to be there and watch the children's faces when they receive your awesome theme-based loot bags! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Superhero stickers
- Batman/Robin drinking straws
- Superhero colouring books/comic books
- plastic spiders and rubber bats
- Bat logo pins