Transform you party room into the Land of the Dinosaurs by:
- adding green crepe paper to lampshades, window coverings and wall units
- making large "nests" using a brown blanket or towel, brown construction paper and Easter grass, add plastic eggs to the nests
- making caves with blankets or large rolls of brown paper
- using a large blue blanket or towel that can serve as the "watering hole"
- making newspaper trees or trees with paper towel tubes and leaves attached to the top for the "leaf eaters"
- having large and small plastic dinosaurs set up in the various areas of the room
- Who's in the egg Game: have small dinosaurs in plastic eggs so the children can guess which type of dinosaur is in the egg
- Dig for fossils: set up a large square bucket with sand and rocks hidden inside have the children dig for the rocks and use paintbrushes to see if they can discover any fossils on them
- Make dinosaur puppets
- Make volcanoes using food colouring, vinegar, and baking soda
- Play dinosaur bingo or dinosaur Lotto
- Play Pin the tail on the Dinosaur or Pin the tooth on T-Rex
- Here is a cute poem to say while you turn the child around for Pin the tooth on T-Rex:
Tyrannasaurus was a Beast
He'd eat others to say the least
But this lost tooth made him "ROAR"
Because he couldn't chomp the Dinosaur
- "Leaf Eater's Salad": all greens torn into leaf shapes
- "Meat Eaters" Delight: drumsticks and/or Bronto-burgers
- Make a dinosaur cake or bake cupcakes and sprinkle dinosaur candies on them or place a gummie Dinosaur on each cupcake.
This is where planning ahead REALLY pays off! Visit Party stores and dollar stores frequently and purchase items that relate to your theme for the loot bags. This is one of the most enjoyable part of planning the party and the best part... you get to be there and watch the children's faces when they receive your awesome theme-based loot bags! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Glow in the dark dinosaurs
- Any "Land Before Time" merchandise
- Sunkist Dinosaurs
- "Grow" dinosaurs (place in water and they expand): available in large dino eggs or small capsules