- Decorate the room like a ballroom and the entrance-way as a castle.
- Balloons, streamers, buffet table, and dancing area.
- Make crowns: cut out of bristle board and decorate with glitter, beads, sequins etc.
- Make Fairy Godmother wands.
- Hobby horses: first stuff a sock with newspaper (horse's head) then attach the head to a tube from wrapping paper with an elastic. Add felt ears, googly eyes, and a wool mane.
- Magic Fairy Dust: decorate small bottles with decoupage (the canisters that film come in would work great for this as they have a lid) Just add some sparkles to the container when dry for the fairy dust.
- Feather dusters: paint and decorate a wooden dowel - when dry, attach feathers to it using a glue gun or masking tape.
- Walnut mice: seperate walnuts into 2 half shells, decorate with felt ears, googlie eyes, pink pompom nose and a woolen tail... these are adorable!
- Make character puppets: use socks or paper bags along with felt, googly eyes, construction paper, glitter glue, buttons, etc.
- Who has the glass slipper? Played like Doggie Doggie Who's Got Your Bone except the person has a cushion and goes up to people and asks if they have the lost glass slipper. If they do, they place it on the pillow and then become the next seeker.
- Pin the slipper on Cinderella: cut out a large pic of Cinderella on bristol board. Cut out "glass" slippers and play like Pin the tail on the Donkey.
- Watch the Cinderella movie.
- Paint a large box to make a pumpkin coach add dressup items and let the children create their own stories.
- Have the children put on a puppet show using the puppets they made.
- Make costumes and act out the play of Cinderella.
- Dance: have the children dance at the ball and when the music stops, they change partners.
- Have a buffet table set up for the children to take from during "The Ball". Set it up with finger sandwiches, veggie sticks, and hors derves.
- Cake: You can purchase characters of Cinderella for the cake - Ice with light blue icing (like her dress and decorate with confetti candy. Place the characters on the top. If you are very creative, you could make a glass slipper cake, ice with white icing and decorate with clear candy sparkles. You can also make a castle cake using a square cake and triangle shaped ice-cream cones to be the pillars. Cut out the flags from a fruit roll-up or similiar candy. Decorate with candies.
This is where planning ahead REALLY pays off! Visit Party stores and dollar stores frequently and purchase items that relate to your theme for the loot bags. This is one of the most enjoyable part of planning the party and the best part... you get to be there and watch the children's faces when they receive your awesome theme-based loot bags! Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Cinderella Merchandise: you can buy pencils, erasers, toys, etc
- Story book of Cinderella
- Dress-up Shoes
- Long White Gloves